Thursday 6 December 2012

Direct Mail that Goes Straight to the Heart

My daughter is dog mad. She begged me to sign up to sponsor Charlie, a rescue dog, one Saturday morning when the Dogs Trust were outside our local supermarket. I can honestly say that for the £1 a week that we donate it is worth every penny.

Since the summer, when we started this, my daughter has received a couple of personally addressed messages from Charlie, to say thank you for sponsoring him and how well he's being looked after. Today she recieved a Christmas card from Charlie, which she so enjoyed reading, she decided to write back to him and wish him a wagtastic Christmas too.

Marketing is all about relationships and The Dogs Trust are not only building a great relationship between Charlie, the dog, and my daughter, who also wants to go an visit him next year; they are also building a relationship with me, because the joy that my daughter gets every time she receives a letter from Charlie, is worth its weight in gold.

I love great examples of marketing communication and this is truly great. When marketing creates great emotional connections with your customers, patients, donors or members, you receive the loyalty and the income that goes hand in hand with it. Well done Dogs Trust and I think you can safely see your donation level increasing next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment